- SEPTEMBER 1st – The Cumberland Arms does not open until 5:00 on Sept 1st
- NOVEMBER 3rd – NO SESSION (Wooler Weekend Away 4th-5th)
TIME AND VENUE
Thursday Sessions: 6:00 – 8:00
The Cumberland Arms
James Place Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
PDF File: PRINT DATES
DATES: Sept – Dec 2016
Sept 1 – Ukes4Fun with Dot and Misspent Uke
Sept 8 – Ukes4Fun New/Old Songs with Denis/Lizzie
Sept 15 – Ukes4Fun with Dot and Misspent Uke
Sept 22 – NO SESSION
Sept 29 – NO SESSION
Oct 6 – Ukes4Fun with Dot and Misspent Uke
Oct 13 – Ukes4Fun New/Old Songs with Denis/Lizzie
Oct 20 – Ukes4Fun with Dot and Misspent Uke
Oct 27 – NO SESSION
Nov 3 – NO SESSION (updated 21 Oct)
Nov 10 – Ukes4Fun New/Old Songs with Denis/Lizzie
Nov 17 – Ukes4Fun with Dot and Misspent Uke
Nov 24 – NO SESSION
Dec 1 – Ukes4Fun with Dot and Misspent Uke
Dec 8 – Ukes4Fun New/Old Songs with Denis/Lizzie
Dec 15 – Ukes4Fun with Dot and Misspent Uke
Dec 22 – NO SESSION
Dec 29 – NO SESSION
1st and 3rd Thursdays: Dot and Misspent Uke
- The usual sessions with Misspent Uke.
- We would like to ask for 6-9 months playing experience and offer support to anyone wishing to improve.
2nd Thursdays: Denis, Lizzie and Fiona
- Includes more time for introducing new songs and reintroducing old songs.
- You can use the email list to send song sheets for songs, links to video or recordings of songs, etc.
- Please remember to bring at least 10 song sheets for new songs.
- You can also use the email list to send song sheets to everyone and to let Denis and the rest of us know what you are planning.
- If you want to give even more of a “heads up” you can include links to video or audio recordings of songs in your email. Some uke groups do this a lot more than we do and it helps to get everyone up to speed more quickly by practicing new songs between sessions. (Now there’s an idea for how to keep off the streets and stay out of trouble when we haven’t got a Thursday session!)
THURSDAY UKE SESSIONS AT CUMBERLAND
Letter from Dot
After much thought I have decided to reduce the number of sessions I lead each month.
1st and 3rd Thursdays:
We will have the same two high quality sessions on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, with members of Misspent Uke and everyone else who attends now.
For those sessions, I would like to ask for 6-9 months playing experience from new members. Also that we could offer support to any current members who might wish to improve – and I include myself in that group.
There will still be a session on the 2nd Thursday of the month. Fiona will play bass as usual and Denis and/or Lizzie will take the lead.
On the 2nd Thursday there will be more time for you to introduce new songs and reintroduce old songs that we have not covered for a while. This will also help Fiona with the bass lines for unfamiliar arrangements.
4th and 5th Thursdays:
We will not meet on the 4th and 5th Thursdays.
I really hope that you are all OK with this. We are really lucky to have a great group of people who as much as anything just enjoy playing and being together.
After much discussion with various band members, I think this move will enable us to maintain a strong group and current standards and for the next five years.
These changes will be reviewed in the New Year but hopefully will work well in the meantime.
ps. Don’t forget that you can use the email list to send song sheets for new songs (or “new-old” songs) that you are going to introduce. Sometimes a link to a video or recording of the song can help too, so everyone knows how it goes and can join in.
PDF File: Print Letter
To be added to the web site: Calendar for Thursday Sessions at The Cumberland Arms
More info about Thursday Ukulele Sessions