The GNUF fun in Huddersfield starts on Friday night with free events! The festival timetable includes free entertainment and at The Head of Steam on the railway station and at the The Sportsman pub. I was more than delighted to get an email from Kris Ball, one of the lovely festival performers and organisers, saying that GNUF […]
via Only three days to The Grand Northern Ukulele Festival #GNUF2016 — Ukulele Allsorts
Dot has had so many apologies for Thursday from people on holiday or attending other events that we have decided to cancel the session this week.
If you are missing your regular uke-fix, don’t forget that on Wednesday 25th we have a wonderful workshop and concert at The Cumberland Arms!
There are still a few tickets left for the Clawhammer Ukulele Workshop by Aaron Keim. These £20 “full tickets” include free entry to the Concert by “The Quiet American” (Aaron and Nicole Keim) with a special guest appearance by “Danielle Ate The Sandwich”. “Concert only” tickets are only £5!
“The Quiet American” and “Danielle Ate The Sandwich” are headlining the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival (GNUF) at Huddersfield this weekend. Many thanks to GNUF for giving us a chance to see them in Newcastle!
ps. Many thanks also to GNUF for accepting my application to play at the Vinyl Tap Open Mic on Saturday 28th May! I am rather awestruck at being featured as a “Performer” alongside these amazing people!
Message from GNUF on 23 March:
“There are now only TWELVE FESTIVAL TICKETS LEFT for the full weekend and only a handful of Saturday/Sunday day tickets. We have sold out of children’s tickets, young adult tickets and other discounts.
The whole thing could well sell out this week.”
If you have been before you will know that this is a fantastic event and amazing value for money, with staggeringly good international-league main stage performers and excellent acts from across the north and the rest of the UK at the fringe venues.
£29 Saturday or Sunday Day Ticket
All the Friday night events are free entry.
- Some workshops have already sold out.
- You need to have already bought a Main Festival Ticket to book a workshop:
£17 each Skills/Performance Workshop
£36 each Making Things Workshop
What’s on each day:
If you find that the Northern Uke website has crashed (due to overload from ticket buyers?) as it did today, you can still use these links to buy tickets:
The Grand Northern Ukulele Festival (GNUF)
13 – 14 Sept 2014
* Free Festival Fringe: free fringe events start on Friday night, 12 Sept, at the GNUF Festival Pub, the Head of Steam (on Huddersfield Railway Station)
Performances, Workshops, Fringe events . . .
- There are still day and weekend tickets left for the main festival. Some workshops have sold out but not all of them – yet!
- Good timetabling! Only workshops with the same start-time clash – and no workshops clash with the main stage.
- Amazing value for money when you look at what is included in the programme!
- Don’t miss out! Some people have been looking forward to this all year! (This video is my entry to the GNUF competition to get an upgrade to a posh seat for the main stage events).
Some handy links: