The Old Ship Car Park on the road at the back of the pub
The Old Ship from the front, overlooking the prom
Wild Ukes ‘o Wanny aka The Old Ship Ukulele Night
Every other Wednesday starting between 7:30 and 8:00pm, lasting up till just after 9:30 or when people have had enough !!
The Old Ship
63 Front Street
Newbiggin by the Sea
- Back room in the Old Ship pub on the main street in Newbiggin – entry at the front, overlooking the prom, or via door at side
- Car parking both on-street and in public car parks off Front Street and at Maritime Centre
- Adults – if not young then young at heart
- Attendees (usually between 7 and 14) regularly travel from the local area and from further afield (including Tyneside, Chester-le-Street and even Thropton!)
- Song sheets available via email
- One resident soprano uke available for loan
- We meet in a pub (two real ales always on tap) and younger teenagers should be accompanied by an adult.
- Free admission
- All abilities welcome
The Old Ship Website: http://theoldshipnewbigginbythesea.co.uk/
Directions on Google Maps: Old Ship
Dennis 01670 817231
Mick Bell (see spreadsheet: http://j.mp/NEukesList)
May 2015: A well-established group welcoming new members!
Charlie Lally has moved south of the Tyne and is setting up a new uke club in Sunderland, “Steamin’ Ukes“.
The Wild Ukes is still going strong and members are sorting out new roles. Mick Bell has kindly offered to be the new first-point-of-contact (see spreadsheet link above).
More updates to be added as and when they come in!
“The group is currently rehearsing along with Morpeth’s “Uke in Style” and Wooler’s “Angel Delights” for a “Northumberlele Trio” concert to be held in Rothbury in June – we are all delighted to welcome Charlie back to take the helm and lead us again for this event.”
Oct 2011: A growing group welcoming new members!
Targetted at mainly local people (Newbiggin/Ashington/Bedlington/Morpeth) – usually has between 3 and 8 attending depending on other commitments – mainly beginners so far.
Songsheets via email to attending ukers.
The pub has access to some Mahalo ukes for complete beginners without an instrument to use on the night.
Short url for this post: http://j.mp/WildUkesPage